What will you be doing?
The Area Sales Manager will have overall responsibility for delivering on the Area sales and margin plan. In this role, you will hire, coach, develop and lead a technical sales and service team. You will lead your team to deliver documented value for our customers that yields long term customer retention and growth. You will lead your team in developing and executing sales plans to grow the business base and gain competitively held business. In addition you will:
· Be focused on growing and maintaining customer base, while coaching and mentoring the sales representatives in the field of assigned territory
· Be responsible for growth of new accounts as well as focus on maintaining existing accounts
· Work with current customers and prospects to meet desired sales and service needs
· Work with Growth/Corporate Accounts Team to create sales campaigns to sell new to businesses
· Train / coach sales representatives in the assigned territory on role responsibilities
· Participate in plant visits to gather samples, observe instruments, and obtain information and analyze / interpret results and report any corrective actions to the customer
· Outline, present and sell the value of products and services that can benefit customer needs
· Conduct required training of operating personnel to ensure their understanding of the parameters under which their equipment operates
· Build upon internal relationships and develop strong relationships with customers
· Ensure profitability of accounts within assigned territory through proper pricing and contract management as well as service time
· Partner with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches
· Coordinate relationships and interface with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions
· Provide accurate quarterly sales forecasts
· Lead a strong EH&S culture across your Area.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or closely related discipline
· Minimum of 5 years of technical sales experience in water processes and chemical treatment
· Ability and willingness to travel within territory, as required
· Ability and willingness to reside in assigned region, or within customer proximity requirements, as required
· Work frequently in a heavy industrial environment requiring use of Personal Safety Equipment and exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and other similar irritants typical of those found in refinery, chemical plants, power plants, etc., as required
· Ability and willingness to comply with stringent drug testing and background check requirements set by customer safety requirements, as required
· Basic Computer Skills including MS Office, and other software programs within a Windows environment
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a WTS owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
· Experience managing technical teams,sales team or field service team.
· Strong, inclusive leadership skills Ability to deliver strong commercial results
· Ability to deliver timely feedback to team to achieve desired impact
· Ability to reward and recognize individual and team achievements
· Ability to prioritize multifaceted, fast paced job tasks
· Able to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Address Illinois, North Carolina, Iowa, Texas and California