Agency: Attorney General, Office of the
Title: Legal Support Analyst – Public Integrity Bureau (NYC)
Occupational Category: Legal
Salary Grade: NS
Bargaining Unit: M/C – Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary Range: From $0 to $0 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Jurisdictional Class: Exempt Class
Travel Percentage: 0%
County: New York
Street Address: 28 Liberty St
City: New York
Zip Code: 10005
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials is required for the position. Additionally, the individual selected for the LSA position must have excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills. The ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information, excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy, as well as familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, are also required. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience researching and analyzing documents and possess a demonstrated interest in the law and law enforcement.
Duties Description: The Public Integrity Bureau (PIB) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking bright, dynamic, hard-working and motivated candidates who are committed to public service for the position of Legal Support Analyst (LSA) in the New York City office.
PIB investigates and seeks to ensure the public’s interest in honest government. PIB conducts complex investigations into government corruption, fraud, theft of public funds and abuse of power. PIB may take criminal action against individuals or entities to restore the public’s interest in honest government and the integrity of government officials at the state and local level. The LSA will be a part of project-specific teams comprised of attorneys and investigators conducting confidential criminal investigations and will assist with the prosecution of criminal defendants.
Responsibilities and required skills will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reviewing and organizing documents and other evidence;
• Identifying and locating potential sources of relevant information;
• Analyzing large amounts of data and presenting in a cogent manner;
• Being adept and creative in the use of search engines and social media;
• Developing proficiency using law enforcement databases;
• Organizing case files and providing legal and office support;
• Possessing extreme attention to detail and having a genuinely inquisitive nature;
• Building professional relationships with law enforcement partners; and
• Gaining experience in criminal law and investigations in New York State.
Additional Comments: OAG employees serve more than 19 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name: Legal Recruitment Bureau
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Street: NYS Office of the Attorney General, Legal Recruitment Bureau
City: New York
Zip Code: 10005
Notes on Applying: HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: http://www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
The Reference No. is PIB_NYC_LSA_6141.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment)
• Unofficial college transcript
• Writing Sample
• List of three (3) professional or academic references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov
- Address 28 Liberty St., New York, NY
- Qualifications Bachelor's Degree with strong academic credentials