Agency: Education Department, State
Title: Project Assistant, Box OHE-807/51521
Occupational Category: No Preference
Salary Grade: NS
Bargaining Unit: PS&T – Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary Range: From $56604 to $71980 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Temporary
Jurisdictional Class: Competitive Class **
** This position requires a Civil Service Exam
The first step is to take and pass a civil service examination for a title in your area of interest. Civil service exams are specific to a job or a class of jobs (for example, there might be a specific test for an air conditioning mechanic, but one clerical test might suit for 10 or 12 different titles), and are scheduled as a previous eligible list expires or diminishes as people are hired from it. Jobs which require civil service exams are referred to as being in the “classified” service.
For more information please visit: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/types/oc/
Travel Percentage: 0%
Street Address: Office of Education Policy
Zip Code: 12234
Minimum Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in office administration, program administration, grants management, data management, or project management, including experience with Microsoft Office products. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess:
• Experience with grant and contract management, procurement and financial tracking.
Duties Description: The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant in the Office of Education Policy to provide support to the Teaching in Remote Learning Environments (TRLE) initiative. TRLE is a new initiative, funded by a grant under the federal Education Stabilization Fund-Rethink K-12 Education Models program, to address the immediate and urgent needs of New York’s students and educators during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing educators with the tools, resources and training to facilitate remote instruction. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Assistant will manage schedules, track budgets, and organize contracts, financial files, reports, and invoices to ensure that TRLE runs smoothly and efficiently. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support the Project Coordinator, TRLE leadership and other members of the team to ensure the successful implementation of the TRLE initiative;
• Manage scheduling, meeting logistics, event registration, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, and follow-up tasks;
• Facilitate clear and timely communication among internal and external grant stakeholders via email, phone, videoconference, mail, in-person;
• Work with the Project Coordinator and other members of the TRLE team to draft, format, proofread, and edit reports, memos, letters, emails, presentations, and other documents;
• Track grant management deadlines by proactively sending reminders and tracking follow-up, as needed;
• Assist the Project Coordinator with the procurement and grant and contract management processes;
• Collaborate with NYSED data analytics staff and grant evaluators to collect and maintain grant-related data, directly or through partner organizations;
• Facilitate grant compliance reporting to the State and federal government;
• Track, collect, deliver, and organize internal grant-related documents such as correspondence, contracts, files, reports, budgets, and invoices;
• Assist in the development and implementation of systems and processes to identify, catalogue, and disseminate effective practices to the field; and
• Other administrative duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments: CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-807/51521) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name: Office of Human Resources Management
Telephone: (518) 474-5215
Fax: (518) 486-5631
Email Address: email@example.com
Street: NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Zip Code: 12234
Notes on Applying: APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-807/51521) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
- Address Office of Education Policy, Albany, NY 4
- Salary Offer From $56604 to $71980 Annually
- Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Experience 2-5 years